Startup Passion in Baltic Sea Region (Starpbs) project is an international project that offers free training and mentoring for those who want to develop innovative business ideas.
SSE Riga, Tallinn University XAMK University in Finland and Finnish company Cursor, is developing this project. It combines competences from higher education programs, student bodies and enterprise development agencies to encourage the best students to take up international entrepreneurship.
The programme consists of 5 rounds:
- Hackathon - Creative, talented and motivated people from 3 different countries come together to form international teams;
- Kick off - Kick the idea to the next level of entrepreneurship with three day training session;
- Pit stop - This 1-day online workshop focus on finding the perfect market fit for product or service;
- Bootcamp - A 5-day, super intensive, hands-on business experience;
- Competition - The final pitch with 10 teams, 10 fantastic ideas, fighting it out for the grand prize.
The project Startup Passion in Baltic Sea Region aims at following goals:
- raising awareness and interests towards entrepreneurship among students and help them to build internationally competitive teams around their knowledge based business ideas;
- attract new entrepreneurial talent into the Central Baltic region to strengthen region as a technology intensive startup ecosystem.
The project Startup Passion in Baltic Sea Region will result in:
- new cross-border model for supporting creation of student-based knowledge intensive international companies;
- 10-15 student-based knowledge intensive cross-border companies;
- 5-6 cooperation agreements
The project funding:
- Interreg Central Baltic; Total budget 1799982 EUR and SSE Riga budget of 300000 EUR
The team of partners consists of Cursor Oy, Finland / Kymenlaakson Ammattikorkeakoulu, Finland / Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Latvia / Tallinna Ulikool, Estonia
Find out more at www.startuppassion.eu